What a special surprise, my mom and sisters had planned a surprise trip for my 21st birthday to Chicago, Illinois for the weekend! I may have traveled many places outside of the U.S. but it was actually my first time to Chicago. The surprise got even better when I found out we were staying the Intercontinental right on Michigan Ave. The biggest area of fashion in the city. I was in heaven. Upon arriving to my room was a bottle of wine a piece of happy birthday cheesecake. I was loving the feeling of luxury. The first night there was actually saw The Blue Man Group in concert. If we haven't seen them or head of them definitely check them out! What a great show! http://www.blueman.com/
The second day there was full of shopping! Up one side of the street on Michigan Ave, and back down the other. Stories high of any store you could think of. My favorite was probably walking into Neiman Marcus and trying on the furry Chanel high heeled boots that I had only seen in magazines before that. I had never heard of the 900 shops mall until I went to Chicago. Definitely another must go to for those fond of shopping and fashion.
The third day was filled with site seeing from the Navy Pier to the Willis Tower ( formally known as the Sears Tower).
It was late October so it was very chilly and windy, however it was one of the nicer and cleaner big cities I have been to.







No comments:
Post a Comment