My first overseas traveling abroad experience was to China and Hong Kong. I was only 15 years old at the time. After hearing about this trip where missionaries go over to China and bring the bible in because the Chinese could not get access to it really inspired me and I wanted so badly to go and take part in that. Being under 16 I had to take a parent with me so I talked my dad into going with me.
Not only did we have a suitcase filled with bibles when we entered into the country, but as we were there, we took trips across the border into Shenzen several times each day carrying bookbags, briefcases, or rolling luggage across the line to a hotel where they would package up the bibles and ship them out to different Chinese churches. Since I was so young I was able to get away with it pretty easily. One specific trip back I got stopped by authorities when they looked in my passport and they started getting questioned me on why I had been back and forth so many times in one day. At first I panicked inside, but the first thing that popped out of my mouth was, " Well there is better shopping over the border and I couldn't carry it all back in one trip". They believed me!! Such a fashionista!!
 |
| In downtown Hong Kong. |
 |
| The Blue Mall. It was five stories high! |
 |
| The small train beds we were on for 30 hours from China to Hong Kong. |
 |
| Sitting on top of The Great Wall! |
Along with the intent of the trip, we got to travel around and site see. Hong Kong was similar to New York City with the big couture name stores. The language barrier was definitely a problem sometimes, but other than that, it was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had in my life. AND I can say I got to climb the Great Wall of China!
http://www.go4thinjesus.name/pdf/June%202011%20Mission%20Flyer.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment